Free Online Ceremonies

The Universal Life Church offers free ceremonies of a wide variety of types, online for your use. Wedding, funeral, baby naming ceremonies and more for your use.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Funeral Eulogy

How to write a funeral for a grandfather:

The essence of writing a eulogy for grandfather is to keep his memories alive and to make his legacy memorable, especially for those who know him well. A grandfather is someone who stands as the pillar of wisdom and strength in any family. For those who grew up with their grandfather, writing a eulogy for him may be something emotionally challenging.

The best way that you can start a eulogy for grandfather is to recall the memories you shared with him. Think about the special moments you had together or simply the everyday recollections that you have with your grandfather. Relate these with your audience and share with them the wisdom and lessons that your grandfather imparted to you. Make a picture of your grandfather as you know him. Express your love when delivering your funeral speech for him.
To help you, here is a short sample eulogy for grandfather:
"It was my grandfather who would always go with me to Sunday school. When I was a young kid, he wouldn’t read me tales about prince and princesses but he would read to me the stories of Noah and other heroes of the Bible. It was my grandfather who kept me strong when my dad died when I was eleven. Then on, he became my second father and loved me dearly everyday of my life. Today, as I stand before his funeral, I am not miserable or sad. I am happy that I have (his name) for a grandfather. Who I am and what you see today was a product of his love and hard work. He is a man of practical wisdom. Once, I remember him say to me …" (start relating memories and experiences with your grandfather here).
You can end your eulogy with one of your grandfather's favorite bible verse or a personal poem you made for him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment